The mission of the Academy for International-Intercultural Higher Education (AIHE) is to assist the U.S. and other
countries in the world to strengthen and democratize their higher education systems and institutions and to forge a new generation of higher education leaders. The Academy fulfills its mission
- Providing on-site professional training and technical assistance on the topics and issues of most
importance to senior administrators at the program and institutional levels, to members of institutional governing boards, and to leaders of national and other systems of higher
- Offering to any institution or national sytem of higher education in the world a customized, two-week, residential training program
on the leadership and management of higher education, which would provide participants an ICHEP Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) on Higher Education Leadership & Management.
This ICHEP program would be modeled on Harvard University's renowned Institute of Educational Management (IEM).
- Providing seminars, workshops, and conferences which address the primary issues, challenges, and opportunities facing leaders of
higher education programs, institutions, and systems in all countries in the world.
- Expand opportunities for America's highly qualified but economically disadvantaged ethnic/racial
minorities and new immigrants to pursue collegiate studies in fields of great need and demand throughout the world.
- Contribute to the strengthening of Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) in the United States: Tribal
Colleges & Universities, Historically Black Colleges & Universities, and Hispanic-Serving Institutions.
- Contribute to the social and economic development of America's different Native American communities,
especially through various initiatives for Nation-Building centered on enhanced higher education opportunities, the creation of jobs and small businesses, and the implemenation of a
telecommunications infrastructure owned and operated by the Nation.
- Advancing the mission and work of ICHEP's National Association for Hispanic Education (NAHE),
dedicated to enhancing Hispanic education in the the United States, from primary schooling through collegiate education.
- Establishing an ICHEP American Institute for Cybersecurity Education & Training (AICET),
whose implementation will begin in 2015-2016.